Noe Valley Art Festival
After many years of thinking about sponsoring an Art Festival and then two years of Covid cancellations, the Friends of Noe Valley is THRILLED to be holding the
FIRST EVER NOE VALLEY ART FESTIVAL!
Back in JUNE 2013 the Friends of Noe Valley thought that an Art Festival would be a great event. The plans being developed were enthusiastic and elaborate!
The 2013 October date that was chosen coincided with the Noe Valley Harvest Festival as well as Open Studios in Noe Valley. Since the Town Square was not open until Fall 2016 and the Harvest Festival was typically held on 24th Street between Sanchez and Church the committee thought Vicksburg Street between 24th and Jersey would be a great spot for an Art Festival. So planning began!
- The event was described to Vicksburg Street neighbors to get their approval,
- City departments were contacted to determine how to go about getting permits for the event and to find out what the costs would be,
- Artist outreach began,
- A web page and an application to participate were created,
- A space plan for Vicksburg Street that would allow 40 artists to exhibit was developed.
What we discovered was:
- Noe Valley Artists with studios were most likely participating in Open Studios that weekend,
- The Harvest Festival had 50+ artists and crafts people displaying and selling their work,
- We were running out of time,
- The Vicksburg residents are fantastic neighbors who were supportive and happy to help with the street closure!
Because of these facts (except the 4th one) we decided to pull the plug on the Art Festival for 2013. We came back to the idea on and off over the next seven years.
Then, in March of 2020, serious planning began again. Because the Noe Valley Town Square was now open and hosting regular Sunday events, we thought an Art Festival in that space could work. We were well underway with plans when Covid canceled our event for 2020. And again for 2021.
That brings us to the present. Here are the details for the
FIRST EVER NOE VALLEY ART FESTIVAL 2022:
- Sunday, October 2, 2022
- 10:00am – 4:00pm
- Noe Valley Town Square
- 22 artists
- Art work to include ceramics, painting, drawings, prints, sculpture, mixed media, textiles and photographs
- Art activity for adults and kids
- Free to the public
We hope to see you there! Spread the word! Bring your friends and family.
If you are an artist interested in participating please check information HERE.
In partnership with SF Rec&Park