Please plan to attend a community meeting tomorrow night to discuss the recent sexual assaults in our neighborhood. The below is from the Noe Valley SF blog, which is always up-to-date on the latest neighborhood news.
What: Community Meeting Regarding Recent Sexual Assaults
When: Wednesday, December 14, 7:00PM
Where: St James Church, 1086 Guerrero St at Alvarado
Update: More from the Fair Oaks Community Coalition
In response to the terrible assault that occurred on Fair Oaks at 24th Street on December 8, a public meeting will be held this Wednesday, December 14, at 7:00 PM at St. James Church, Guerrero at 23rd Streets. All neighbors, local schools staff and students, church and community organizations are invited to attend.
- To assist the survivors of this and another similar attack in November (also on the 24th Street corridor in the Mission), several options will be discussed;
- City officials and the San Francisco Police Department will provide updates on the investigation;
- Flyers to warn the public will be available for posting in streets, shops, restaurants, BART and bus stops (or print your own from the attached flyer);
- An online list-serve is being developed for the neighborhood – get details and sign up! Recommendations on self-defense will be provided;
- Advice on safeguarding your home will be discussed;
Our neighborhoods can combine strengths to stop these attacks if we heed the guidelines at this SFPD web site.
Please share this invitation with others, and bring your ideas to the meeting on Wednesday. Meanwhile, stay alert and stay safe!
And another update:
Andrew Segal of the Fair Oaks Neighborhood Coalition…confirmed that…Supervisors Weiner and Campos will attend, as well as representatives from SFPD and the DA’s office. There are three goals: solving the crimes, identifying some way of supporting the victims, and identifying an avenue for community healing.